Kogarah Council is rezoning Beverley Park, Ramsgate & Sans Souci – check the list!Posted: March 30, 2016
Kogarah City Council’s EXTRAORDINARY COUNCIL MEETING – Monday 4 April 2016
Venus Reception Centre, 20 Belgrave Street, Kogarah, commencing at 7:00pm
The NEW CITY PLAN will be decided!
- Kogarah’s Councillors have received the final report on the NEW CITY PLAN, which recommends increases in medium and high density residential and commercial zoning throughout our local government area.
- This report has been split in two: Part 1 recommends rezoning for increased density throughout the Kogarah area; Part 2 is the area of the Town Centre. Both reports and further information can be downloaded from Kogarah City Council’s website: http://www.kogarah.nsw.au You can also find them on our own website: http://www.kogarah.org
- The New City Plan will be decided at the Extraordinary Council Meeting next Monday. Now is the last and only chance you have been given to ask questions directly to your Councillors. If you wish to speak, you need to register by phoning Council on 9330-9400 by 4:00pm this Thursday 31 March 2016.
Some of the FINAL REPORT recommendations include:
Beverley Park Precinct – Rocky Point Road
92) Area zoned B1- Neighbourhood Centre. 33 – 55 Rocky Point Road, Beverley Park. Proposed height of 15 metres.
2) Rezone 113 – 145 Rocky Point Road and 107 – 109 Jubilee Avenue, Beverley Park from R2 – Low Density Residential to R3 – Medium Density Residential incr. height & FSR. 15m.
Ramsgate Precinct – Ramsgate Centre
129) Area zoned B2 – Local Centre. Proposed height of 21 metres.
130) 131) & 132) Area zoned R3 – Medium Density Residential. 2 – 8 Targo Road, 66 – 68 Ramsgate Road, and 4 – 10 Dalkeith Street, 2A Torwood Street, and 259 – 271 Rocky Point Road, Ramsgate. Proposed height of 15 metres.
51) Rezone 2 Dalkeith Street from R3 – Medium Density Residential to B2 – Local Centre and increase height and FSR requirements consistent with the B2 – Local Centre requirements for Ramsgate Centre.
Sans Souci Precinct – Rocky Point Road
133) Area zoned B1 – Neighbourhood Centre. 8 Water Street and 507 Rocky Point Road, Sans Souci. Proposed height of 15 metres.
138) & 139) Area zoned R3 – Medium Density Residential. 431A – 451 Rocky Point Road, 2 – 4 Harris Street, and 469 – 473 Rocky Point Road, Sans Souci. Proposed height of 9 metres.
52) Rezone 505 Rocky Point Road, Sans Souci from E4 – Environmental Living zone to B1 – Neighbourhood Centre zone (consistent with adjoining zone), incl. height & FSR. 15m.
53) Rezone 495 – 503 Rocky Point Road, Sans Souci and 10 Wellington Street, Sans Souci from E4 – Environmental Living to R3 – Medium Density Residential incr. height & FSR. 15m.
54) Rezone 475 – 479 Rocky Point Road and 2 Nelson Street, Sans Souci from R2 – Low Density Residential to R3 – Medium Density Residential including height and FSR. 9m.
55) Rezone 455 – 467 Rocky Point Road, Sans Souci from R2 – Low Density Residential to R3 – Medium Density Residential and include height and FSR requirements. 9m.
56) Rezone 56 and the front portion of 52 – 54 The Boulevarde, Sans Souci from R2 – Low Density Residential to R3 – Medium Density Residential including height and FSR. 9m.
Sans Souci Precinct – San Souci Centre
134) 135) & 137) Area zoned B1 – Neighbourhood Centre. 331 – 333 Rocky Point Road, 1A Newcombe Street, 335 – 363 Rocky Point Road, and 365 – 381 Rocky Point Road, Sans Souci. Proposed height of 15 metres.
Height: 9m = 3-storeys; 15m = 5 storeys; 21m = 7-storeys
Download, print and give your neighbours our newsletter!
- Phone Kogarah Council’s Customer Service Centre now, 9330-9400 to register to speak at the Extraordinary Meeting, before 4pm this Thursday, 31 March 2016.
- Attend the Meeting at the Venus Reception Centre, 20 Belgrave Street, Kogarah (next to the Greek Orthodox Church). Ask questions and let them hear your concerns about the proposed new environment for Kogarah of substantially increased housing density.
- Contact your Councillors, you elected them to represent you. You can find their details on Kogarah City Council’s website and our kogarah.org website.