Take action NOW!
Only two weeks remain for you to lodge your written submission to
Kogarah City Council!
Submissions must be received by 5pm on Friday, 29 May 2015.
HAVE YOUR SAY
Submissions must be made in writing and clearly marked ‘New City Plan’.
Council will acknowledge receipt, so please ensure that a return email or postal address is included in any submission.
New City Plan
Kogarah City Council
Locked Bag 8
Kogarah NSW 2217
From Kogarah City Council’s FACT SHEET 15:
It is important that you make a written submission if you have a comment to make on the Planning Proposal for the New City Plan.
• Submissions can be from an individual or group and can be about a specific property or issue or a range of issues.
• It is important to lodge your submission within the public exhibition period.
• Focus on the points you wish to make, be concise and clearly state the issues of concern.
• Preferably use headings, dot points or numbers to separate different issues.
• Please ensure you give a reason (or reasons) to support your comments.
You must disclose if you have made a reportable political donation within the past two (2) years. A disclosure can be made by completing a “Political Donations and Gifts Disclosure Statement”. This form can be found on Council’s website. The form should be completed and attached to your submission.
You can make a submission online via Kogarah City Council’s webform or write an email or a letter.
Submissions must be lodged with Council by 5pm on Friday 29 May 2015.
Kogarah City Council says: Please note that while all issues raised in written submissions will be considered before the Planning Proposal for the New City Plan is finalised, your particular views may not necessarily supported.
To encourage you to lodge a submission, we have included a number of community concerns that have been raised with us in this sample letter of objection (PDF download).
We strongly suggest however, to write your own letter using your local knowledge of a particular area and provide your reasons why you support or object to the proposal/s.